2019 Annual Meeting
November 13th 2019 at Left Coast Cellars! Guest speaker Nicole Maness discussed a project focusing on Protecting Oregon’s Oak. See the flyer below for more information. More information about the Oak Accord.
2018 Annual Meeting
Soil and water conservation enthusiasts attended Oregon SWCS Annual Meeting and Prairie Tour in Corvallis, OR.
- Prairie Soils presentation
- Phytophthora pathways presentation
- Kincaid’s Lupine propagation presentation
- Lupine Meadows Tour
- Soil Survey Techniques in the field
- Fleck Harding Prairies Tour
- Vegetation Survey Techniques in the field
- GIS mapping and analysis field discussion
- Lunch and social hour at Harris Bridge Vineyard where we discussed latest outreach efforts and open Board positions
August 23-24 2016 Workshop: Integrated Biological Pest Management Practices for Oregon Farms
August 19, 2015 Workshop: Introduction to Streambank Classification, Channel Evolution, Floodplain Connectivity and Field Measures
Thank You Dr. Barry Southerland – NRCS Fluvial Geomorphologist!!!!
The class was a success!! Natural resource professionals from across Oregon as well as Washington joined us for an Introduction to Streambank Classification, Channel Evolution, Floodplain Connectivity and Field Measures at the NRCS Service Center in Salem, Oregon. The morning was scheduled with classroom presentations and then followed by an afternoon on Abiqua Creek applying some basic stream measurements to determine stream types.
The class was highly informational and condensed several lecture hours into a short course for an introduction to stream classification techniques, stream geomorphology, and delineating criteria to identify stream types.
The class was provided with some technical literature and a clip board reference Key To Rosgen Classification of Natural Rivers. It was record breaking hot day in Marion County. Abiqua Creek provided some relief from the heat but all in all it was a very rewarding educational day. Thank you to:
- Natural Resource Conservation Services for loaning us Dr. Barry Southerland
- A special thanks to Dr. Barry Southerland for his dedication to the craft and sharing his river wisdom. We soaked it all up!!
- Benton and Marion Soil and Water Conservation Districts for providing transportation and loaning supplies and equipment.
February 28 – March 1, 2013 Soil Quality Network 2013 and Oregon Society of Soil Scientists Meeting
McMenamins Edgefield, Troutdale, OR
2012 Annual Meeting and Fall Tour On October 19, 2012, the Oregon Chapter of the Soil and Water Conservation Society hosted the 2012 Fall Tour and Annual Meeting near Mosier, Oregon.
2012 Fall Tour and Annual Meeting Photo Gallery
Presentation: Get the Dirt on Wine! Ice-Age Geology and the Soils of Northwest Terroirs, by Alan Busacca, Ph.D.
Lunch and Networking
Condit Dam Breach
2011 Annual Meeting
The 2011 Oregon SWCD Annual Meeting and Tour was on October 18 near Dufur, Oregon.
October 2011 Annual Meeting photos